Spire Capital seeks to lead small market buyout investments in its areas of expertise. The firm tries to utilize its long-standing industry relationships and extensive network of relationships in order to source management teams and proprietary deal flow or opportunities where there is a distinct competitive advantage. The Investment Professionals pursue superior risk/return investments that we believe are "under the radar screen" at the smaller end of the market.
- Investment Size - Spire Capital's ideal investment size range is $15 - $40 million. This transaction size allows Spire to often avoid the more competitive auction environment typically found in larger transactions. Spire expects to be the lead investor in transactions and often brings in limited partners as strategic co-investors in investment opportunities that require additional equity capital where Spire’s collective skills and experience can create value.
- Stage of Development - Spire Capital seeks to acquire cash flow positive companies in buyout transactions. The typical financial profile includes minimum revenue of $10.0 million and minimum EBITDA of $3.0 million.
- Diversification - Spire Capital will not allocate more than 20% of the fund's capital to any single investment. Sector diversification within the targeted industry segments is also considered as we allocate our fund’s capital.
- Geography - Spire Capital's investment focus will be exclusively focused on businesses headquartered in North America. However, certain of Spire’s investment companies have international operations, sales and team members.
- Investment Horizon - Spire Capital expects to realize investment returns through a sale, recapitalization or initial public offering within a three- to seven-year time frame. Investments that provide multiple exit strategies are preferred, but the key factor is finding companies to invest in that have superior growth profiles with dynamic, experienced executive teams.